CDBG funds are being used for the rehabilitation of the sewer system in Pima, Arizona including removal of sludge from beds, one solar powered aerator, replacing two pumps at station #2 and two pumps at station #3, replacing three wet well lids, installing three generators at lift sites, purchase of a portable 4-inch trach pump for emergencies, installing a new electrical panel at lift station #2.
This activity will meet the Urgent Need National Objective and will benefit approximately 2415 people of whom 740 (or 31%) are low-to-moderate income.
CDBG funds are being used to rehabilitate and remodel historic Tombstone City Hall located at 315 East Fremont Street (currently vacant and unoccupiable) to provide new space for the Tombstone Marshall’s Office.
Improvements consist of:
• Site Design including verification of utilities, demolition of existing storage (non-historic), and parking lot improvements to include ADA accessibility
• Interior Design and Rehabilitation including additional egress, entry/waiting room, service counter, offices, conference rooms, secure dispatch, evidence processing, interrogation, squad rooms, arms storage, break room, and ADA compliant restrooms
• Exterior Historic Restoration at the front ornamental façade and some windows
This activity will meet the Low to Moderate Income National Objective (LMA) and will benefit approximately 1419 people of whom 1009 (or 71%) are low-to-moderate income.
To use CDBG funds to hire a contractor to complete water main improvements along MacNab Drive in Nogales, Arizona.
Improvements will consist of:
• Replacement of approximately 1,500LF of existing water main
• Installation of asphalt cement to patch the trench
• Replacement of approximately 23 water services
• Possible installation of one or more fire hydrants
(need determined by Fire Department once new flow rates are established)
This activity will meet the Low to Moderate Income National Objective (LMA) and will benefit approximately 998 people of whom 837 (or 83.8%) are low-to-moderate income.
To use CDBG funds for purchase and installation of ADA restrooms at two locations in Lions Park in Benson, Arizona to include:
• Purchase of two pre-engineered and prefabricated restroom buildings
• Installation of the two restroom buildings on land prepared by City crews
• Connection to utilities and final site work performed by City crews
This activity will meet the Low to Moderate Income National Objective (LMA) and will benefit approximately 1843 people of whom 1843 (or 100%) are low-to-moderate income.